Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Winter break was...

As a writing assignment I asked a Second Grade class to finish the sentence "My Winter break was..." Most of the kids talked about toys, games, going out with family or parties. One student raised his hand to share his response and it went something like this... "Over Winter break I played PSP and went to a New Year party with my parents. It was so fun, they let me drink champagne." Wow, this is the epitome if wonderful parenting. When I tried to suggest that perhaps this 7 year old drank sparkling grape juice he very proudly proclaimed "No, no, it was the real stuff, that can get you drunk. My Mom was drinking it too." Nothing like AA in Second grade, this is turning into a delightful week. Keep popping in for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment